This 6-day specialist course provides complete comprehensive coverage of ASME B 31.3 – Process Piping Code requirements for the design, construction and integrity of process piping systems. The course includes the new requirements of the new edition of ASME B 31.3 – 2010.
The course is designed to engineer the participants into becoming a complete ASME Code professional and apply the code in the design, analysis, fabrication, erection and testing of process piping systems.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Have a very good background on the scope & definition of ASME B31.3, process piping design, construction & mechanical integrity
- Understand metallic pipe and fitting selection including its system failure, bases for selection and method requirements
- Identify the strengths of materials including its requirements and be able to identify the bases for design stresses
- Determine the components of pressure design and be able to know the concepts of weld joint strength factor and design pressure & temperature
- Know the process of valve selection and be able to list the requirements needed for the selection process
- Become familiar with the design of flanged joints and be able to describe its features & functions
- Introduce flexibility & flexibility analysis and able to explain the general considerations for the layout and support of pipes ‚ Learn the various types and designs of expansion joints and be able to describe their components and use
- Understand the fabrication and installation methods of piping system and be able to list the requirements and guidelines needed in the inspection, examination and testing of pipes
- Know the design, fabrication, installation, inspection, examination and testing methods for nonmetallic piping systems, category M Fluid service , high pressure piping & high purity piping systems
- Review the concept of API 570 including its inspection, repair, alteration and rerating of in-service piping
Who should attend?
- Piping engineers, Piping designers, Pipe stress engineers, Senior Draftsmen working for EPC companies & Design Offices.
- Maintenance, QA/QC personnel, Piping Inspectors working for Process plants including Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Steel , Paper & Pulp, Semiconductor, Cryogenic, Water & Food Processing, Pharmaceutical, Cement, Utility & Textile plants.
- Managers, Engineers, Supervisors and Plant Operation Personnel working for Process Plants.
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE 2020
23 - 28 November 2020 (6 days)
|IDC Training House, Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia
P/S: Available for In-House (Upon Request)